If you are interested in starting a career at CSD there are various positions currently available. To apply, please email email@example.com
Reporting to the state manager and working with our experienced sales team, you will be involved in the preparation and dispatching of customers’ orders as well as checking-in new stock arriving from our Victorian Head Office or any of our other branches located across Australia.
As Central Security Distribution only deals with trade accounts from the security industry, you will also prepare orders for local pickup over our Trade sales counter.
Most of our CCTV, Access control and alarm system items are small and easy to handle, but some items are large and do require physical movement.
No previous experience in electronics or security is required, good communication skills, a great attitude towards working in a team environment and a strong focus with attention to detail are highly desired and essential to our operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaising with our sales team to ensure customers’ orders and back-orders are processed quickly and customers notified when order is ready
- Picking and packing of orders including courier and transport details
- Maintaining stock on shelves
- Assisting with Stock-takes and stock checks
- General maintenance and upkeep of the warehouse and branch
- Assisting customers as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills and proven record of working within a team
- Great customer service skills
- Attention to detail with regards to stock control and administrative duties
- Demonstrate initiative and good work attitude
- A knowledge of electronics and computers would be an advantage
- Although most of our products are small and light, you should have the physical capability to move heavier boxes.
What you'll get in return
A great opportunity to progress your career with a professional outfit who support the continuous development and progression of their employees. You will receive all the training and support required to be successful in your new role, along with a modern, slick working environment that promotes excellence.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence. Only those with the right to work in Australia need apply.
We are currently seeking a full-time store person to operate our warehouse and effectively contribute to the functioning of our Seven Hills branch. This opportunity requires someone who is willing to work within a team committed to providing an outstanding service to our customers and has the potential for career growth into our internal sales team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Picking, packaging and dispatching orders
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Ensure safe warehouse operations, especially regarding forklift use
- Solve discrepancies regarding stock and orders
- Serving customers at the Trade Counter
- Liaise with customers and couriers regarding orders and deliveries
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a high level of service
- General maintenance and upkeep of the warehouse
- Coordinating stocktakes
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of customer service
- Problem solving and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Intermediate PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Physical capabilities to lift and move heavy boxes
- Motivation to succeed and advance within the company
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start a career at the entry level of the business and with training, move your way through the organisation. The successful applicant must be reliable, disciplined and have great people skills.
Experience in the Wholesale industry will be an advantage however is not essential.
**CSD have a process of pre-employment medicals which includes drug and alcohol screening. Criminal background checks may also be required for this position**