Hikvision's H.264+ Generation
Revolutionising video recording technology, the latest H.264+ compression technology from Hikvision allows for higher resolution cameras record crystal clear images whilst utilising up to 50% less HDD storage and bandwidth. A completely new range of NVRs and cameras boasting 2 and 4MP resolution have arrived at CSD and astoundingly this range is just as cost effective as the 2-line series currently on offer!
What is H.264+?
H.264+ is an intelligent and innovative video compression algorithm developed by Hikvision. Aimed at surveillance video, the enhanced H.264+ algorithm is designed to greatly lower the video bitrate thereby reducing the overall bandwidth and storage requirements of a CCTV system by up to 50%.
Additionally, the lower bandwidth requirements also means that you'll be able to fit more IP cameras at higher recording resolutions on the new H.264+ NVRs. 50% more storage equates to double the recording time from a HDD greatly reducing the implementation costs associated with longer storage.
Major changes in the H.264+ Generation
- Increased resolution in standard cameras
- 1.3 megapixel cameras are replaced with 2 megapixel variants.
- 3 megapixel cameras are replaced with 4 megapixel variants.
- Supports true 120db Wide Dynamic Range for bright light affected images has been incorporated across the entire range.
- Vari-focal bullets and dome cameras now have motorised lenses.